Friday, September 12, 2008

My House- A Mini Tour

Some of the blogs I have been visiting have been giving tours of their homes. So I thought I would put up some pictures of my house. I actually would have put up more but I dropped and broke my digital camera.

My Kitchen: Dirty dishes in the sink and my husband's stuff on the porch cluttering up the view from the window. And I guess I should at some point clear off the clutter that is on the fridge.

The Master Bedroom
I love my antique Victorian Bedroom Set which is over 100 years old that we inherited. What I don't like are the vertical blinds that don't go with the room at all.


My Living Room and Dining Room at Christmas

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Hello! Found you at CIAL...

You have such a cute house- I love your kitchen center island, your hardwood floors, and your livingroom is so cozy looking.

Deeny said...

Thanks Shannon, My Hubby put the tile on the back splash and made the counter tops. The regular counters are a blue marble looking inexpensive formica. The Island has a piece of black granite for it's counter top. We couldn't afford granite for all the counter tops. So the kitchen Island is my little piece of granite. Hubby also put up the Kitchen Cabinets and we did the floors ourselves. I shouldn't be vain or too prideful but i like how we fixed it up. We bought this house when the previous owner was on the verge of being foreclosed on. It was a real fixer upper but all we saw was space. We moved from a small 3 bedroom 1 bath 1160 sq foot house that we bought when we were first married to this 2507 sq feet 4 bedroom, 2 full baths and 2 half bath house. I really should find some before pictures of what it looked like when we bought it. Ook 4 bathrooms to clean instead of just one. I loved my little country house too. We lived there for 13 years, but I like the space of this house now.:-)

Tracy said...

Wow, just beautiful!!
I love your 100 yr old bed set... so gorgeous!!!!

50s Housewife said...

Your house is so pretty! I usually have a cluttered fridge too. I have magnets, school papers and reminders all over it. :)

Anonymous said...

You have such a bright, beautiful kitchen. Also I love your bedroom set, and the burgundy color in your living room. So pretty.

The kitchen island does work really nicely as a baking center, just because everything is all in one place, so you can whip stuff up really fast. If you change yours around, let me know how it works for you :)