My college daughter moved into the dorm without a microwave. She needed to learn how to make popcorn on the stove. Regular popcorn is a very cheap and affordable snack for the college student. Here are the very specific step by step instructions I gave her.
How to Make Great Popcorn On the Stove Top Without a Microwave
Serves three or four people for a whole movie.
3-quart sauce pan with lid.
Popcorn, not much (about 1/2 cup)
2 or 3 Tbs of butter or margarine (Optional)
Vegetable oil (about 2 Tbs)
1. Turn on stove and adjust to somewhere between medium and high heat .
2. Poor vegetable oil in the pan to cover bottom and then some about 2 Tbs.
3. Place pan on stove and let heat for a minute or so.
4. In the mean time, put some butter or margarine in another pan and start it melting at low heat.
5. Cover the bottom of the pan with popcorn in a single layer about 1/2 cup. Don't add more than 1/2 cup.
6. Place the lid on the pan. The popcorn should start popping in a minute or so.
7. Once you hear the kernels start to pop, then continuously shake the pan across the burner until popping reaches a crescendo.
8. Move to a unheated burner and back to the heated burner once or twice (this is an art).
9. Move to an unheated burner when the popcorn reaches the lid and wait while it finishes popping.
10. Pour popcorn in a large bowl, pour on butter, and salt to taste. The butter and salt can be distributed by pouring the popcorn back and fourth between the bowl(s) and pan.
Why Creeds?: Gaining my Religion
3 hours ago