Sunday, January 9, 2011

Perfect Low Calorie High Fiber White Bread from your Bread Maker, 2 Points Plus per serving

The Most Perfect Low Calorie, High Fiber White Bread made totally in the bread maker.
I have been searching and experimenting to make a quality Light, Lower Calorie, High Fiber Bread at home and I have finally done it.
Only 2 weight watcher points plus per 1 ounce serving! Awesome.
Sorry two slices eaten before I took the picture!

The Recipe: 
(you need a digital food scale for this recipe- accurate weighing is key)

Hi Fiber Basic White Bread  from your Bread Machine
(2 Points Plus per 1 oz serving on weight watchers' new points plan)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recipe By: Deana
Serving Size: 20


Ingredients:

9 ounces water
10.5 ounces bread flour
3.3 ounces hi-maize corn fiber
2 teaspoon vital wheat gluten
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons dry milk
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 Tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast Or instant yeast (bread machine yeast)

Directions:

Directions
In the Bread Maker:
Put water in bread machine.
Mix all dry ingredients (except yeast) then pour gently on top of water
Push butter pieces into flour around the sides. 
Make a little well in the flour to put yeast. 
Don't let yeast touch liquid ingredients.
Start Bread machine on Basic setting

When your Bread Machine is finished baking, enjoy the most Beautiful Perfect Soft Fluffy Healthy Low calorie High Fiber Bread from your Bread Machine that you have ever had.

Notes:

1/9/20 accidently made I think with 3.45 ounces hi maize corn fiber- Soft yummy maybe slightly lower rise?


Nutritional Information:

2 points plus per 1 ounce slice. 

Most of my cut slices actually weigh .75  ounce so two slices comes to 1.5 ounces total for 3 points plus for two of my cut slices- the same new points value of the light loaves in the grocery store)

Servings: 20 
Serving size 1 ounce
Amount Per Serving 
Calories: 82
Total Fat: 1.26g
Cholesterol: 3mg
Sodium: 178mg
Total Carbs: 17.35g
    Dietary Fiber: 3.23g
    Sugars: 2.21g
Protein: 2.47g

Health Benefits

6 comments:

Kat said...

OMG...thank you for this recipe. I am also on WW and decided to start making my own breads. Just wanting to eat healthier and know what is in my foods. You made this so easy : )

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

lrhassenger said...

Can you tell me if this is a 1, 1.5 or 2 lb. recipe? Usually I can tell when it's in cups, but I'm new to the oz. thing. :) I have a 2 lb. machine. Thanks in advance. Can't wait to try it.

Deeny said...

Sure :-) It makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf. Rises very nicely. my bread maker is also a 2 pound machine but i like the 1 1/2 pound size better for making sandwich size slices.
Deeny :-)

lrhassenger said...

Deeny:
Thank you! Made the bread tonight and it was perfect! Finally a bread the whole family can eat. My son can't have cows milk (hence why I make bread) and I wanted something lower in points plus! Delish!!!
Lisa

Deeny said...

Hi irhassenger. This is Deeny Just curious as to what you used for the dry milk powder - Did you substituted anything? You can leave it out but the crust won't be quite as tender but still good. Just curious cause you said you avoided cow's milk. Also did you use the Hi-Maize Corn Fiber From King Arthur Flour. I can't find it in the stores so i order it. That is the ingredient that reduces the calories and ups the fiber so the nutrition calculates to a lower points plus value. Glad it turned out great. Sincerely, Deeny

lrhassenger said...

They actually make powdered goats milk :) He's allowed to have goat milk, but not cows. Was delicious without it though. I did order the king arthur flour because I knew that I would use it in other stuff. What a wonderful find! Working on adding it to the kids' pizza crust.