Saturday, December 13, 2008

Simple Joys

     I was asked the other day why I named my blog Simple Joys. Well it actually comes from a song in one of my favorite Broadway Musicals- Pippin. Pippin is the story of one of Charlemagne's not so successful sons. You can look up the history on the web. It isn't a literal historical play though. It is very abstract and compares the events in Pippin's life to the modern social issues that were going on in the 70's. I first saw Pippin on stage when I was in the 7th grade and it has been my favorite ever since.

    If you look closely at the picture at the top of my blog, which is the backside of my house, you will see in white letters a favotie quote of mine from the musical Pippin:

Fastrada in Pippin: " I am just an ordinary housewife and mother just like all you housewives and mothers out there."

Simple Joys  
(Yes that is Ben Vereen as the Main Player, William Katt as Pippin, And Martha Raye as Bertha)



No Time At All
(Bertha in Pippin: "Men and their wars. Sometimes I think men raise flags when they can't get anything else up.")

No comments: