Monday, August 11, 2008

Menu Plan Monday Aug. 11- Aug. 17 2008

Hi all, I just started a diet program to help get rid of 65 excess pounds that have crept on over the past 5 years, but I still have to feed a family of 5. So I still need to meal plan and I love to cook. I wanted my family's meals to closely resemble my diet meals. I also wanted to improve and make healthier versions of family favorites.
Diet Update
Start Weight 188.6
Week
1) 185 -
3.6lbs Week 2) 184.6 -.4lbs
Week 3) 182.8 -1.8lbs Week 4) 181.4 -1.4lbs



Menu Plan Monday

Monday
Honey Mustard Pork Chops
Easy Summer Noodles
Steamed Broccoli
Basil Salad

Tuesday
Pizza Night
Making Calzones just to be a little different

Wednesday
Easy Chicken Tetrazzini (Using saved cooked frozen chicken from the freezer, using half the amount of butter, and using reduced fat cheddar cheese instead of Monterey jack cheese)
Green Beans
Spinach Salad

Thursday
Shepherds Pie
Tossed Salad
Whole Wheat Roll

Friday
Cheesy Vegetable Enchiladas (Using reduced fat cheddar instead of the Monterey jack cheese called for in the recipe)
Easy Mexican Rice

Saturday
BBQ Chicken on the Grill
(Recipe Uses Basic BBQ Rub, Basic Mop Sauce and Basic BBQ Sauce recipes or just go to my Marinades and Seasonings Page Or just Use your Favorite Recipes or Commercial Brands
)
Cole Slaw
Baked Beans
Corn on The Cob

Sunday
Pepper Beef Kabobs
Herbed Instant Brown Rice
Peas
Marinated Tomatoes

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Oh you've got some great ones planned! Especially the kabobs, they sound yummy!

DeAnna said...

Looks great! The vegetable enchiladas sound good to me, I'm not sure my hubby would like them unless I threw some chicken in there, but I would love them. :) Great job on the weight loss too!