Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Confessions of a Paper Towel Addict

     I use too many paper towels! They are costly and wasteful. My new goal is to try and do without paper towels. I bought a bunch of bar towels in a pack of 24 for $9 at Sams. I haven't calculated the price of running the washing machine to clean them, but I am thinking it has to be cheaper than buying 6 rolls of paper towels each week. Ok I might not use 6 rolls a week, but I know I at least use 4. I know it is simply a habit to grab a paper towels to wipe down the counters than to grab a towel.  I don't buy paper napkins but we do use paper towels for napkins, so I am also going to try and use all cloth napkins this week.  

 

2 comments:

Julie said...

I raise my hand to this post! I am always grabbing a paper towel for something!

Tracy said...

Really? Four rolls in a week????!!! What are you doing with them? LOL.

The only paper products I buy are tissues and toilet paper. Admittedly we don't use serviettes. I think that might be cultural though ~ it's not something I would expect to see on an Aussie table. Otherwise, I use a washable dishcloth (I have about 5 or 6) and I don't deepfry, so never need it for that either.