Saturday, July 12, 2008

And God Said "No" & Heaven's Very Special Child

(It is amazing how much stuff you can store on a computer. It can get as cluttered as a real desk. Here are some poems I had forgotten about stuck in a folder on my computer that was buried deep down in a bunch of other folders.)

And God Said "No"

I asked God to take away my pride.
And God said "No".
He said it was not for him to take away,
but for me to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
And God said "No".
He said his spirit was whole,
his body was only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience.
And God said "No".
He said patience is a by-product of tribulations.
It isn't granted, it is earned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
And God said "No".
He said he gives me blessings, happiness is up to me.

I asked God to spare me pain.
And God said "No".
He said suffering draws you apart
from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
And God said "No".
He said I must grow on my own.
But he will prune me to make me fruitful.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.

And God said "No".
He said I will give you life, that you may enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me LOVE others,
as much as he loves me.
And God said,
Ah, finally you have the idea.

~ Claudia Weisz ~

This Next Poem is dedicated to a little guy and his family.
Heaven's Special Child Samuel
Samuel's Website

HEAVEN'S VERY SPECIAL CHILD
by Edna Massimilla

A meeting was held quite far from Earth!
It's time again for another birth.
Said the Angels to the LORD above,
This Special Child will need much love.

His progress may be very slow,
Accomplishments he may not show.
And he'll require extra care
From the folks he meets down there.

He may not run or laugh or play,
His thoughts may seem quite far away,
In many ways he won't adapt,
And he'll be known as handicapped.

So let's be careful where he's sent,
We want his life to be content.
Please LORD, find the parents who
Will do a special job for you.

They will not realize right away
The leading role they're asked to play,
But with this child sent from above
Comes stronger faith and richer love.

And soon they'll know the privilege given
In caring for their gift from Heaven.
Their precious charge, so meek and mild,
Is HEAVEN'S VERY SPECIAL CHILD.

No comments: