Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Beach and Boating

Boy we had a Busy Week. We had my husband's sister and her husband and youngest child visit us as they were traveling through the state on their vacation. We entertained them with a day at the beach and a day of boating and tubing on the lake. I'm tired and it is not even the Fourth of July yet.
















Ok I said a few posts back that it was very hot here and that I wanted to move to Canada. I really don't. I actually love where I live. I only say that when it gets too hot. :-) I use to live further south and grew up very, very close to the beach. We didn't live right on the beach , but within just a few miles. I can't even imagine living in the center of the US. There are people who have never seen the east or west coast, or have never been to a beach. I just can't imagine that.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

It looks like you all had a great time!

We spend three weeks at the end of each year camping near the beach. I too, grew up just minutes from the beach and spent at least 1/2 hour every day just cooling off, there.

I often say I'd like to go and live in Antarctica ... on 40C+ days. Whilst I really wouldn't want to live in such a desolate plate, the icy coldness is very attractive on those days when I just want to melt where I sit, unable to move because the heat has sapped any energy I might've had.